Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sick Days

So, I've been sick.  I woke up Monday morning feeling unreasonably crabby and also completely disgusted with myself, like, who am I to be so unreasonably crabby?  Yes, my darling boy was leaving--going back to the wonderful university where he is thriving, poor me--it was cloudy, bad weather, my house was a mess, my Christmas decorations annoying--I had this running loop of discontent in my head. I was not much fun to be around.

I schlumped downstairs, muttering, and was starting to make breakfast when my husband came downstairs and said, "I feel awful. I'm sick."

"OH!" I said.  "I'M sick!" It was a revelation.

I went back to bed and slept until 2 pm. Tuesday, ditto.

Today I'm halfway well.  I'm getting my act back together.  Meanwhile, my beloved editor Lauri Hornik called me, just to tell me how much she loves my new novel THE WAR THAT SAVED MY LIFE.  Lauri was one of my very first editors, back when I was ghostwriting novels, and she edited Ruthie's Gift, my first "real" novel.  She's brilliant but also funny and kind, and she always made me feel like my books had something to say. Now she's the President of Dial, so she doesn't work individually with authors anymore. It was smashing to hear from her. It also meant a ton that she liked my book so much. I'm so close to this one that I've no idea, really, whether or not it's any good, but if Lauri loves it, I'm thrilled.

And now I have a tentative release date: March 2015. I'd been hoping for fall 2014, but I knew we were too late for that.  Ah well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments on this blog are now moderated. Yours will appear provided it's not hateful, crass, or annoying--and the definition of those terms is left solely to me.