Friday, January 17, 2014

But Wait--There's More!

I want to talk about one of the biggest moral issues facing America today. This is serious, folks; this is indeed a sure sign that Satan is at work among us, that decay has entered the very heart of our society, and that God's justice will rain down on us with fire and with blood.

Some "Christians" claim the Eucharist is symbolic.

We read in Matthew 26:26, "While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." Please note:  this IS my body.  Not this REPRESENTS my body. Not this SYMBOLIZES my body.  This IS my body. The only possible interpretation is that the Eucharist is actually Christ's body, reincarnate. There's no room for error on this one, is there? Anything else would absolutely be wrong. To worship as if you don't believe in transubstantiation would be sinful. It would be misreading the Bible.

I mean, if we're going to take the Bible at its word, there's no room for other beliefs. Everyone who thinks otherwise is just plain wrong, and, also, should be called out for their sinfulness and exhorted to change the error of their ways.

[I'm Catholic, and we do believe in transubstantiation. But yes, this is tongue in cheek.]

2 comments:

  1. During a recent discussion about the bible and the various interpretations of it's meaning, my mom pointed out that the Bible is said to have been written 60 years after the death of Christ. (of course that could be 60 biblical years...the time frames and ages of the bible have always been confusing to me.) Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a ton of Bible history--it's on my list, because I think it's fascinating--but it's known that none of the Gospels were written by people who knew Jesus firsthand; all of them were completed in decades after his death. Paul's letters are closer, but of course Paul never met Jesus, either. Parts of the Old Testament are extremely old.

    ReplyDelete

The comments on this blog are now moderated. Yours will appear provided it's not hateful, crass, or annoying--and the definition of those terms is left solely to me.