Monday, September 30, 2013

Today I will not Rant

My son thinks I rant too much in my blog.  I think I do not understand this concept, too much ranting.  How could such a thing be possible?

I spent the weekend among Event People, and it was wonderful.  The gray mare woke on the uncooperative side of her stall Saturday morning, and put in a dressage test best described as pissy (I half expected one of those scathing judges' comments such as "nice braids!" or "boy, I bet she can really jump!") (bless her heart) but she redeemed herself with two very nice jumping rounds.  We finished 3rd in our division.  I was thrilled.  It's actually--I am not making this up--my best finish since 2006.

I should event more often.

Outdoors the sky is grey and gloomy.  The tired horses are grazing, hoping to be ignored.  My beautiful daughter is sick home from school, upstairs, asleep.  My wonderful husband went off to work with  the same head cold, only less severe, and away at college my son has an exam.  It's a bit after 8 am.  I'm on my third load of laundry.  I've started a pot of turkey soup.  The house is tidy and my muscles ache.  It's going to be a really good day for research, because I can do research while lying on the couch.  There's nothing particularly urgent I must do.  Today will be a rant-free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments on this blog are now moderated. Yours will appear provided it's not hateful, crass, or annoying--and the definition of those terms is left solely to me.